Below are some good facts about Zika and the problems that it an occur. The zika virus is dangerous and can spread through Mosquito. Mosquito control at Columbia Certified Pest Control can get mosquito out of your backyard so that you can enjoy it again. Columbia, Irmo, Blythewood, Lexington and surrounding area have been hit with Zika. Make sure you protect yourself though the warm and wet moths. Contract us if we can assist you in this. Below are facts from the CDC of the Zika and the problems that it can occur. At, Columbia Certified Pest Control, we want to make sure that you are aware. During this time, we at Columbia Certified Pest Control are professional at controlling mosquitos in your area. The essential facts that CDC is publishing are
- Zika can be spread from a mother to her fetus during pregnancy.
- The risk of birth defects is sufficiently established that pregnant women are urged to consider postponing travel to areas where Zika virus transmission is ongoing.
- Pregnant travelers returning from infected areas are encouraged to be tested for Zika infection, whether they exhibit symptoms or not.
- Locally acquired cases of mosquito-transmitted Zika have not yet been recorded in the continental U.S., however this could change.
- Zika is spread mostly by the bite of an infected Aedes species mosquito, an aggressive daytime and evening biter in much of the U.S., especially in the south.
- There is evidence that the Zika virus can be sexually transmitted by a man, but it is not known if women can transmit it.